NTD News

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events, politics and economics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nicholas
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:07 pm

NTD News

Post by Nicholas »

An alternative site with TV & videos & text. Part of the Epoch Times constellation of informational platforms.

This is the New Tang Dynasty or NTD News site:

https://www.ntd.com
May all seek, find and follow the Path of Buddhas.
User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:30 pm
Location: US occupied Northern Mexico

Re: NTD News

Post by lyndon taylor »

so basically a fake news network???
User avatar
Nicholas
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: NTD News

Post by Nicholas »

One sample story from NTD:

https://www.ntd.com/impossible-foods-to ... 90770.html

Obviously Lyndon is correct. News about fake meat burgers means NTD is a fake news site.
May all seek, find and follow the Path of Buddhas.
Presto Kensho
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Re: NTD News

Post by Presto Kensho »

It's a news channel funded by Falun Dafa.
User avatar
Nicholas
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: NTD News

Post by Nicholas »

Presto Kensho wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:43 am It's a news channel funded by Falun Dafa.
Therefore what?? It is also funded by subscribers & advertisers.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/from-subscriber
May all seek, find and follow the Path of Buddhas.
Presto Kensho
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Re: NTD News

Post by Presto Kensho »

Nicholas wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:06 am
Presto Kensho wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:43 am It's a news channel funded by Falun Dafa.
Therefore what?? It is also funded by subscribers & advertisers.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/from-subscriber
I have nothing against it. People should just be aware of who is funding their news sources, because it affects their bias.

I watch the Ben Shapiro show, and the Daily Wire was originally funded by a fracking billionaire.
User avatar
Nicholas
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: NTD News

Post by Nicholas »

Presto Kensho wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:22 pm
I have nothing against it. People should just be aware of who is funding their news sources, because it affects their bias.

I watch the Ben Shapiro show, and the Daily Wire was originally funded by a fracking billionaire.
Bias is easily detected by reading and thinking about content of any site. Funding sources are not relevant.

The day of truly, fully unbiased news is long past, if it ever really existed.
May all seek, find and follow the Path of Buddhas.
Presto Kensho
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Re: NTD News

Post by Presto Kensho »

Nicholas wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 pm
Presto Kensho wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:22 pm
I have nothing against it. People should just be aware of who is funding their news sources, because it affects their bias.

I watch the Ben Shapiro show, and the Daily Wire was originally funded by a fracking billionaire.
Bias is easily detected by reading and thinking about content of any site. Funding sources are not relevant.

The day of truly, fully unbiased news is long past, if it ever really existed.
I disagree. For example, I don't expect Ben Shapiro to be fully objective on the environmental impacts of fracking, because his livelihood is dependent on fracking money, even though I might trust him on most other issues.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests