Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events, politics and economics.
Presto Kensho
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Presto Kensho »

Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:05 pm
Presto Kensho wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:09 pm
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:55 pm

PK, can you describe some improvements in these two areas that have been carried out by the Administration? I am especially interested in education.
The left hates Nancy DeVos for supporting private school vouchers and charter schools, providing competition to failing public schools. The left hates Ben Carson for preventing illegal immigrants from living in federal housing.
Has her support for vouchers and charter schools made the necessary improvement to the education in the US?
I think she's done the best she could with the Democrats, the teacher's unions, and the mainstream media against her from the beginning.
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

Presto Kensho wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:59 pm
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:05 pm
Presto Kensho wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:09 pm

The left hates Nancy DeVos for supporting private school vouchers and charter schools, providing competition to failing public schools. The left hates Ben Carson for preventing illegal immigrants from living in federal housing.
Has her support for vouchers and charter schools made the necessary improvement to the education in the US?
I think she's done the best she could with the Democrats, the teacher's unions, and the mainstream media against her from the beginning.
Do you actually know anything substantial about what she's done, because all you have done here is mouth political platitudes?

I mean we've got to think for ourselves and not repeat someone else's talking points...
Presto Kensho
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Presto Kensho »

Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:14 pm
Presto Kensho wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:59 pm
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:05 pm

Has her support for vouchers and charter schools made the necessary improvement to the education in the US?
I think she's done the best she could with the Democrats, the teacher's unions, and the mainstream media against her from the beginning.
Do you actually know anything substantial about what she's done, because all you have done here is mouth political platitudes?

I mean we've got to think for ourselves and not repeat someone else's talking points...
All the left and the mainstream media has to offer is political platitudes. Barack Obama made a career out of it, as Dinesh D'Souza aptly explained.
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

Presto Kensho wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:17 pm
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:14 pm
Presto Kensho wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:59 pm

I think she's done the best she could with the Democrats, the teacher's unions, and the mainstream media against her from the beginning.
Do you actually know anything substantial about what she's done, because all you have done here is mouth political platitudes?

I mean we've got to think for ourselves and not repeat someone else's talking points...
All the left and the mainstream media has to offer is political platitudes. Barack Obama made a career out of it, as Dinesh D'Souza aptly explained.
Great. So you have no idea what you're talking about. You just accept that this is what Betsy Davos has done because one of your trusted sources said so. And you keep repeating it without a shred of actual knowledge of the situation.

How exactly are you different to a bot, Presto Kensho?
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

As for Dinesh D'Souza, as a trusted source, a balanced and fair presenter of fact, maybe this piece will help, but I somehow doubt it..

https://archives.cjr.org/the_audit/forb ... dsouza.php
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

Presto Kensho
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Presto Kensho »

Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:37 pm As for Dinesh D'Souza, as a trusted source, a balanced and fair presenter of fact, maybe this piece will help, but I somehow doubt it..

https://archives.cjr.org/the_audit/forb ... dsouza.php
I recommend watching Hillary's America, which shows the true history of the Democratic Party. Whether you like D'nesh or not, it's important to learn the Democratic Party's real history and how it affects our society today.
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

Presto Kensho wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:53 pm
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:37 pm As for Dinesh D'Souza, as a trusted source, a balanced and fair presenter of fact, maybe this piece will help, but I somehow doubt it..

https://archives.cjr.org/the_audit/forb ... dsouza.php
I recommend watching Hillary's America, which shows the true history of the Democratic Party. Whether you like D'nesh or not, it's important to learn the Democratic Party's real history and how it affects our society today.
true history, it ain't. It is simply more propaganda drivel from D'Souza. It basically says that Democrats are un-American. OK, if you believe that, I am sorry for you. I certainly don't for a moment believe that Republicans are un-American.
User avatar
SethRich
Posts: 801
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by SethRich »

Greetings,
Dan74 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 am It basically says that Democrats are un-American.
If someone:

- Wants open borders
- Wants illegal immigrants to vote
- Excuses rioting and destruction
- Tries to bankrupt America with "green new deal"-esque madness
- Disrespects the flag and anthem etc.

... then it's reasonable to assume that they don't even want USA to survive or exist as an entity. Hard to get more un-American than that.

It's infiltration, not invasion.

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."
User avatar
Nicholas
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Nicholas »

SethRich wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:38 pm Greetings,
Dan74 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 am It basically says that Democrats are un-American.
If someone:

- Wants open borders
- Wants illegal immigrants to vote
- Excuses rioting and destruction
- Tries to bankrupt America with "green new deal"-esque madness
- Disrespects the flag and anthem etc.

... then it's reasonable to assume that they don't even want USA to survive or exist as an entity. Hard to get more un-American than that.

It's infiltration, not invasion.

:candle:
Yeah - what he said. The leaders like Kennedy, Jackson, Moynihan Dems are extinct, while the new breed are totalitarians. Rank and file Dems are flipping to Republicans for this 2020 race in particular.
May all seek, find and follow the Path of Buddhas.
User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:30 pm
Location: US occupied Northern Mexico

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by lyndon taylor »

SethRich wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:38 pm Greetings,
Dan74 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 am It basically says that Democrats are un-American.
If someone:

- Wants open borders
- Wants illegal immigrants to vote
- Excuses rioting and destruction
- Tries to bankrupt America with "green new deal"-esque madness
- Disrespects the flag and anthem etc.

... then it's reasonable to assume that they don't even want USA to survive or exist as an entity. Hard to get more un-American than that.

It's infiltration, not invasion.

:candle:
Except that Democrats want none of these things except in your twisted mind!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk.

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
User avatar
SethRich
Posts: 801
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by SethRich »

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 am Except that Democrats want none of these things except in your twisted mind!!
Clearly you didn't see the DNC primary debates... they were all trying to out-globalist one another on these very points...

:popcorn:

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

SethRich wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:38 pm Greetings,
Dan74 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:10 am It basically says that Democrats are un-American.
If someone:

- Wants open borders
- Wants illegal immigrants to vote
- Excuses rioting and destruction
- Tries to bankrupt America with "green new deal"-esque madness
- Disrespects the flag and anthem etc.

... then it's reasonable to assume that they don't even want USA to survive or exist as an entity. Hard to get more un-American than that.

It's infiltration, not invasion.

:candle:
Regardless of the merits of the above, how many US Democrats would even align themselves with these proposals? My sense from what I've heard and read, a very small minority.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... -election/
https://news.gallup.com/poll/276932/sev ... ction.aspx

To paint all Democrats with such colours is like to say that all Trump supporters are racist anti-Science gun-toting hillbillies who subscribe to QAnon and swallow every anti-Democrat meme that comes onto their feed without a single critical thought arising in their brain.
Last edited by Dan74 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SethRich
Posts: 801
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by SethRich »

Greetings Dan,
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 am Regardless of the merits of the above, how many US Democrats would even align themselves with the above proposals?
Go back and watch their debates, and see the shows of hands of which candidates support what policy positions.

Take their own word for it.

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

SethRich wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 am Greetings Dan,
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 am Regardless of the merits of the above, how many US Democrats would even align themselves with the above proposals?
Go back and watch their debates, and see the shows of hands of which candidates support what policy positions.

Take their own word for it.

:candle:
I did watch some of them. Don't recall Biden supporting any of the above in either the debates nor his statements.
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

The point is that D'Souza says that to support Democrats is un-American. You've attempted to back it up by selecting the extreme policy proposals that the progressive left have put forward but are not supported by the current candidate. Regardless of the merit of these proposals, this isn't what the Democratic Party has adopted and not what most of Democrat voters can be assumed to support.
User avatar
SethRich
Posts: 801
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by SethRich »

Greetings Dan,
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:52 pm The point is that D'Souza says that to support Democrats is un-American. You've attempted to back it up by selecting the extreme policy proposals that the progressive left have put forward but are not supported by the current candidate. Regardless of the merit of these proposals, this isn't what the Democratic Party has adopted and not what most of Democrat voters can be assumed to support.
As I said to Lyndon in another topic, there's a difference between narrative and agenda.

You will be presented with the former, and you will be persuaded by the Democrats and the media to believe that the two are indeed one and the same.

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

SethRich wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 am Greetings Dan,
Dan74 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:52 pm The point is that D'Souza says that to support Democrats is un-American. You've attempted to back it up by selecting the extreme policy proposals that the progressive left have put forward but are not supported by the current candidate. Regardless of the merit of these proposals, this isn't what the Democratic Party has adopted and not what most of Democrat voters can be assumed to support.
As I said to Lyndon in another topic, there's a difference between narrative and agenda.

:candle:
The same can be said about anyone, including the current occupant of the White House.
SethRich wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 am You will be presented with the former, and you will be persuaded by the Democrats and the media to believe that the two are indeed one and the same.
Of course. And the "alternative sources", like before each of the other elections, will argue the opposite. But Obama neither brought in a Communist dictatorship, nor sharia law. Rather, he was very much in line, for better or worse, with previous administrations on 99.9% of what he actually did. Yet the hysteria, especially before his first term, was deafening.

Of course, there are hidden agendas. I'd argue that they are much more built into the current system than in any party's platform, which are inevitably very vanilla. The inordinate influence of the big donours and the lobbyists over the law-makers, the massive power wielded by the tech-giants, the deep-seated inertia and wide-spread resistance to any sort of a deep structural change, and the massive propaganda and disinformation effort that even intelligent people, such as yourself, fall prey to.
User avatar
SethRich
Posts: 801
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by SethRich »

Greetings,
Dan74 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:31 am ...and the massive propaganda and disinformation effort that even intelligent people, such as yourself, fall prey to.
These 'fact checkers' you're so enamored with were created to reinforce the same narrative that they themselves created. Social media censors, terminates and silences anti-narrative accounts in order preserve the conformist echo chamber. Yet, I'm the one falling for "the massive propaganda and disinformation effort"?

Right-o Dan. :lol:

:rofl:

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."
Dan74
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Trump Calls War Dead "Suckers" and "Losers"?

Post by Dan74 »

SethRich wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:33 am Greetings,
Dan74 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:31 am ...and the massive propaganda and disinformation effort that even intelligent people, such as yourself, fall prey to.
These 'fact checkers' you're so enamored with were created to reinforce the same narrative that they themselves created. Social media censors, terminates and silences anti-narrative accounts in order preserve the conformist echo chamber. Yet, I'm the one falling for "the massive propaganda and disinformation effort"?

Right-o Dan. :lol:

:rofl:

:candle:
"Enamoured with" is a bit of an overstatement, Paul, but I think they do perform a useful service. Like anything, they are staffed by people and from time to time make mistakes or are subpar. You are yet to point out where I have relied on fact checkers incorrectly, a concrete example of their lying, let alone furnish actual evidence that they "were created to reinforce the same narrative that they themselves created".

When I looked closer at an article from snopes or factcheck.org, I found them to be more factual and balanced that the vast majority of news outlets. As I said, I am sure their quality varies, but they cite actual sources, rather than rely on untraceable claims, videos of that purport to show one thing but show another and elaborate guesswork which I have found on "alternative media sites".
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 100 guests