Human Rights League (via google translate:)
- Journalist: "Jean-François Mignard, a new demonstrator was badly wounded by a flash-ball shot of the police yesterday during the mobilization of yellow vests in Toulouse.How reacts the League of Human Rights from Midi-Pyrénées? "
- Jean-François Mignard, Secretary General of the LDH: "This is worrying because it is added to the long list of injured caused by the systematic use of mutilating weapons used by the police. situation in Toulouse, the first elements of the Observatory of Police Practices indicate aggressive initiatives by police officers and the disproportionate use of law enforcement tools.As far as one is in disagreement with the behavior of individuals and violent groups, the shooting of flashballs and the systematic use of such weapons are reprehensible and testify to an explicit desire to hurt, with particularly serious consequences for people using their rights. legitimate to manifest. "
- Journalist: "You speak of an" explicit desire to hurt. "Why?
- Jean-François Mignard: "This behavior is not new.It is enough to be convinced to refer to the many cases of mutilation demonstrators we denounce for many months, associations, unions ... and even the Defender On the basis of the government's current speech, it can be imagined that the police have had strict instructions that result in many injuries, and in any case, this is unacceptable. "
- Journalist "For you, the multiplication of flash-ball shots towards the face of demonstrators is the consequence of these" instructions "?
- Jean-François Mignard: "No, this is also explained by the almost complete impunity enjoyed by police officers to date, who are responsible for injuries, even if they have been wounded."
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 99367.html
France Police (google translate):
Open letter to the Prime Minister regarding mutilations of Yellow Vests similar to wartime wounds
Since last November 17, several French were severely mutilated during tensions between our services and protesters yellow vests during operations of maintenance of the order.
My colleagues have joined the national police to protect the lives of their compatriots. Unfortunately, ordinary citizens, like us policemen, will now have to live with one eye or one hand less.
These permanent mutilations seem to have been caused by LBDs and GLI-F4s. Never in the Fifth Republic had we made such extensive use of such weapons against the crowd.
In the context of law enforcement operations, the use of these weapons is ordered by the administrative authority. These are usually prefects who apply the directions of the Minister of the Interior.
https://france-police.org/2018/12/30/le ... e-du-synd/