South Africa decided to kick out white people from their country and steal all their property

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events, politics and economics.
dxm_dxm

South Africa decided to kick out white people from their country and steal all their property

Post by dxm_dxm » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:19 pm

South Africa government decided to strip white farmers of their land:
White South African farmers will be removed from their land after a landslide vote in parliament.

The country's constitution is now likely to be amended to allow for the confiscation of white-owned land without compensation, following a motion brought by radical Marxist opposition leader Julius Malema.

It passed by 241 votes for to 83 against after a vote on Tuesday, and the policy was a key factor in new president Cyril Ramaphosa's platform after he took over from Jacob Zuma in February.

Mr Malema said the time for 'reconciliation is over'. 'Now is the time for justice,' News24 reported.

'We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land.'
The country's constitution is now likely to be amended to allow for the confiscation of white-owned land without compensation

A 2017 South African government audit found white people owned 72 per cent of farmland

Mr Malema has a long-standing commitment to land confiscation without compensation. In 2016 he told his supporters he was 'not calling for the slaughter of white people - at least for now'.

Parliament ordered its constitutional committee to report back on the issue by August 30.

Botched and often violent redistribution of land in neighbouring Zimbabwe under ex-leader Robert Mugabe left many farms in ruins, and the drop in production triggered an economic crisis that still haunts the country.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -land.html

A similar situation happened in Zimbabwe. Politicians who took advantage of the low average IQ of the population stoled all property from white farmers and this led to an economic chrisis. The stolen land was then redistributed to politicians, judges, generals, etc. loyal to Mugabe.
The country that was once dubbed “the breadbasket of the region” has suffered an estimated $12 billion in lost agriculture production since the land occupations took place and has had to rely on donor handouts and food imports from neighboring countries. At least 1.8 million tonnes of the staple grain, maize, is required annually to feed the nation.

Zimbabwe’s transformation from exporter to importer of food is blamed by some analysts on the land reform program, which saw white commercial farmers lose farms to landless blacks who are said to lack the skills to farm or capital. Agriculture used to contribute some 40% of the country’s foreign currency earnings through exports.

What has been Zimbabwe’s loss, has been a gain for neighboring Zambia, where some of these farmers moved bringing with them decades of expertise for farming similar arable land.

British failure
And even though the Lancaster House agreement between the British government and the Zimbabweans had provisions for land redistribution and guaranteed compensation for white farmers, when the time came the British and other countries, including the United States, did not fulfill their part of the deal to fund the program.

It didn’t help that Zimbabwe’s government had no land distribution systems in place which made the aftermath a free-for-all. Politicians, senior members of the security forces, judges, civil servants and war-veterans picked their share. Most of them had no prior farming experience or capital.

One of Africa’s strongest economies shrank to half the size it had been at independence in 1980.
Today, fewer than 300 white farmers remain on portions of their original land holdings in Zimbabwe and many of the seized farms lie fallow prompting the slow changes in attitude and policy.

Mugabe’s hard stance was more a reaction to growing political opposition and waning voter support. He blamed the white farmers for betraying his benevolence and threatening his power base. He declared, “If white settlers just took the land from us without paying for it we can, in a similar way, just take it from them without paying for it, or entertaining any ideas of legality or constitutionality.”

For Mugabe the land occupations had little to do with righting a wrong but much about exerting power and force. He has been in power since 1980 and one of the longest ruling presidents in Africa. It was therefore no surprise that the rule of law was suspended. Mobs of self styled war veterans and youth militia had carte blanche. There was violence and terror. Several white farmers and their black workers were killed, beaten or chased away and their properties taken over.

The chaos had adverse effects on the economy, food production, and civil rights. One of Africa’s strongest economies shrank to half the size it had been in 1980. Soon record hyperinflation would render supermarket shelves bare and the national currency worthless. 10% of the population fled to neighbouring countries in penury, hunger and fear.
https://qz.com/africa/458137/mugabe-is- ... ased-away/

Of course, this is not the first time the low average IQ of a country is taken advantage of by wiseguys. The Ugandan Genocide is a much better example of this phenomenon. Their rulers, taking advantage of how obedient the Ugandan population is to whatever they are told on TV, asked for a genocide against the Tutsi. Normal people who never killed a fellow human were forced to kill neighbors they were friends with all their lives because that's what the TV told them to do. This has led to the Tutsi population being almost completely eradicated and a large number of ugandans being left traumatized by the experience of having to kill other humans for the first time in their lives, most of these humans being friends or neighbors.

Racism, to the point of genocide, continues to be a big problem in african countries of today. But this racism is not directed only at whites or pygmies. As history has shown, countless genocides have happened in africa against other black populations based on ethnic group thinking. Such problems are in my opinion due to the small average IQ of inhabitants of those countries. Take the 1% lowest IQ voters in any western country and I am sure their racism level will be maybe not as high as in africa, but certainly higher than average racism level for their country.
Last edited by dxm_dxm on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justsit

Re: South Africa decided to kick out white people from their country and steal all their property

Post by justsit » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: The Daily Fail article. It is dated almost a year ago, and they are hardly known for solid investigative journalism. There are any number of more reliable sources for information on this topic.

To date no land has been seized, as constitutional law proscriptions are being followed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 0474306599
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-45285827

Is your post meant to be directed at the legal issue or the social/racial angle?
Last edited by justsit on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dxm_dxm

Re: South Africa decided to kick out white people from their country and steal all their property

Post by dxm_dxm » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:56 pm

To date no land has been seized, as constitutional law proscriptions are being followed.
This is like defending Hitler after passing the order to kill all jews, because the order was not yet put in place cause some small formalities were yet to be done.

justsit

Post by justsit » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:59 pm

dxm_dxm wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:56 pm
This is like defending Hitler after passing the order to kill all jews, because the order was not yet put in place cause some small formalities were yet to be done.
Sorry, I don't understand your analogy.

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:38 pm

You're so informed that you mistake Uganda for Rwanda.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk.

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

fwiw

Post by fwiw » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:59 pm

In southern Africa some white people own extremely large properties. We're talking about getting on top of a mountain and everything you can see is one property. I literally heard white south Africans bragging in these terms about the size of their family's property. These properties have been made back in the days of colonization, days when white people would hunt and kill any blacks they would find on their self-proclaimed property. And at the same time today, a lot of people still live in abject poverty.

When you put things into their context it does not sound as bad as it would if you imagine the typical farmland size say in Europe.
... just my opinion, for what it's worth

Simon Ellis

Post by Simon Ellis » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:31 pm

justsit wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:53 pm
Re: The Daily Fail article. It is dated almost a year ago, and they are hardly known for solid investigative journalism. There are any number of more reliable sources for information on this topic.

Is your post meant to be directed at the legal issue or the social/racial angle?
This.
The Daily Mail is so unreliable in both its presentation and interpretation of current affairs that you can often simply assume that its north is actually most reflective peoples south and vice versa. Its the Brit equivalent of Fox News.

dxm_dxm

Post by dxm_dxm » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:50 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:38 pm
You're so informed that you mistake Uganda for Rwanda.
Oups! Thanks for correction
In southern Africa some white people own extremely large properties. We're talking about getting on top of a mountain and everything you can see is one property. I literally heard white south Africans bragging in these terms about the size of their family's property. These properties have been made back in the days of colonization, days when white people would hunt and kill any blacks they would find on their self-proclaimed property. And at the same time today, a lot of people still live in abject poverty.

When you put things into their context it does not sound as bad as it would if you imagine the typical farmland size say in Europe.
Days were bad back then indeed. Black people used to hunt other black people and sell them to arabs for thousands of years. Then, they did the same with whites. Cannibalism was also practiced, literally hunting a human in order to eat him. Slavery has always been a problem for african countries. Even today slavery is widely practiced in Mauritania and some other African countries.

Historical revisionism is an idea that has been abandoned in europe. It is because of abandoning this idea that the 40+ countries of europe have enjoyed half a century of peace so far. This idea of "this group of people or this ething group did something bad to my enthic group in the past" or "this piece of land belongs to my tribe due to historical reasons, despite current demographic composition" - this kind of ideas are responsible for a lot of suffering in this world. Rather than trying to "fix history", we should focus on the present and how can things be made efficient giving current circumstances. Half of europe was liberated out of slavery (serfdom) and from collonial rule around the same time black from USA were liberated. And you don't hear anyone here asking for reparations from the Otomans, Russians or Austro-Hungarians. All are more than happy that liberation has happened, probably nobody even thought the idea of asking reparations from the Otomans lol.
This.
The Daily Mail is so unreliable in both its presentation and interpretation of current affairs that you can often simply assume that its north is actually most reflective peoples south and vice versa. Its the Brit equivalent of Fox News.
Fair point. But the issue is still there.

LesMiserables

Post by LesMiserables » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 am

Malema has obviously studied all the great populists of the last century and models himself on them. He has a different face for every possible occasion and audience. He is obviously hungry for power and will say whatever he believes it will take to get it. This makes him very dangerous. It will be interesting to see what happens to him in a decade or three when all the property has been squandered, everybody is poorer than ever before and he has to reign with terror in order to keep the masses under control. It might serve him well to see how other African tyrants have come to their ends. I'm really sorry to see what South Africa is turning into.
:offtopic: We often go to Capetown with my husband, rent a house. I really love this place. My husband would like to buy a house here, but I read the news and I'm scared..

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:28 pm

My experience with white South Africans is that they can be some of the most racist people you will ever meet, so its hard to know who to believe or support. Certainly a black majority government has the right to try to equalize some of the huge economic disparities that have been allowed to occur in South Africa, IMHO
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk.

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:29 am

Talked to a white South African customer today, he actually said the biggest mistake his country made was to allow majority rule, because that allowed blacks to control the government, he actually fled the country because his white minority no longer controlled the government. Sad!!!

Kim O'Hara

Post by Kim O'Hara » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:09 am

lyndon taylor wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:29 am
Talked to a white South African customer today, he actually said the biggest mistake his country made was to allow majority rule, because that allowed blacks to control the government, he actually fled the country because his white minority no longer controlled the government. Sad!!!
We get quite a number of white migrants from South Africa because we are similar in standard of living and in climate, and share some parts of our colonial history. Me experience is that those who left before majority rule, because they hated apartheid, are mostly good people but those who left after apartheid ended, because they hated majority rule, are mostly not.

:thinking:
Kim