FOX is the new Pravda

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events, politics and economics.
Kim O'Hara

FOX is the new Pravda

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:18 am

Fox News is a dangerous state propaganda outlet. Sarah Sanders' job confirms that

The only surprising thing about Sarah Sanders joining FOX News was that it took this long. The former Trump press secretary is a perfect fit for the network, a faithful and shameless propagandist for the right. It would have been shocking if she’d ended up anywhere other than “Trump’s personal YouTube channel.” It is, however, perhaps the most explicit confirmation we have that FOX now functions as the kind of “state television” apparatus that Americans think is is peculiar to countries like Russia and Iran.

No network interested in airing journalism or reliable commentary would ever go near Sarah Huckabee Sanders. As White House press secretary, she became infamous for the brazenness of her duplicity. Press secretaries are meant to be spin artists, and a good portion of the job consists of finding ways to excuse or downplay presidential misconduct, but Sanders took things to a new level. ...
:reading: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... firms-that

:toilet:
Kim

Charbel

Re: FOX is the new Pravda

Post by Charbel » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:22 pm

I always liked this lady's information.

fwiw

Post by fwiw » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:41 am

Charbel wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:22 pm
I always liked this lady's information.

:twothumbs:

Spot on

I would say the main difference between Fox and the other US mainstream media is that Fox often times take the gloves off and is proudly open about being devoid of any sense of ethics when it comes to incarceration, war, torture etc., while of course claiming to champion ethics to the uncritical part of their audience, whereas the other networks are a little more sneaky about it, although still open enough that it's just that easy to call them out for what they so obviously are. Still, a vast portion of the American public doesn't seem to be aware of the sheer extent of the phenomenon and remain distracted by Fox instead of seeing the bigger picture.

That said I think Kim is aware of all that, but I completely agree it was worth noting in this thread.
... in my opinion

Charbel

Post by Charbel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:01 am

This video is a classic. MSM caught using video of explosions in Kentucky USA as from being in Syria. I must post it here because I have compassion for the Buddhists sowing the wrong seeds of untruth causing deaths via violence. :heart: