A Buddhist Author on Death Row, June 21 call to action

Petitions, protests and activism
egon

A Buddhist Author on Death Row, June 21 call to action

Post by egon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:48 pm

A Lion's Roar article about Jarvis Jay Masters: https://www.lionsroar.com/the-key-to-freedom/

An excerpt from the website run by the Campaign to Free Jarvis Jay Masters:

"This June, Jarvis Master’s teacher Pema Chodron will be visiting him again on death row as he awaits a hearing for his habeus corpus plea before the CA state Supreme Court.

"I believe in Jarvis Master' innocence. This is not simply because of my love for him, but my certainty is based on having heard much of the evidence. I also believe in the power of prayer and meditation to assist in bringing about a change of heart in the people who could help Jarvis the most. He deserves to have his writ of habeau corpus heard in a timely fashion and he deserves freedom. For a large group of us to join together on his behalf on June 21 will surely lift his spirits and bring positive attention to his case. It may also be one of the many causes of his finally being released from San Quentin." Ani Pema Chodron On June 21 we are asking people all over the world to take some time to remember Jarvis and to share awareness of his case broadly, with friends, in media, in your sangha, church, synagogue, mosque or other religious community. If you organize a gathering or make a media connection, please let us know to share with him and others.

Jarvis Jay Masters has been in San Quentin for 37years, living on death row for the last 28 years for a crime he did not commit. You can learn more about him and his case at www.freejarvis.org or join his community on FB at Finding Freedom: Jarvis Masters. He has written two books, Finding Freedom: Writings from Death Row, about his journey to becoming a buddhist, and That Bird Has My Wings, telling the story of his extremely difficult childhood. You can read about him and his life now in Rebecca Solnit’s article just published online on May 29, Another Birthday on Death Row - Lion's Roar.
For more information please contact us at freejarvis1@gmail.com"

egon

Re: A Buddhist Author on Death Row, June 21 call to action

Post by egon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:16 pm

I'm replying to my OP because it's June 21. If you haven't checked out the links, please do so.