avoiding beurocracy

Sharing our journey and experiences with others. You are not alone
Altar

avoiding beurocracy

Post by Altar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:31 pm

as a kid people used the excuse "i am sick" when skipping school.
i always wanted to skip but i was afraid of lying. however i acknowledge that if skipping school is good than it doesnt matter what reason i give.
today i have a job training that i am planning on skipping. i think it is a form of brain washing because i work at a small local supermarket and don't think 4 hours of telling you how to deal with people is actually a good way to learn how to deal with people. however i will need to give a reason. i'm sort of accustomed to leaving such things up in the air at this point and just making something up when im asked about it.
so theres probably not much anyone here can do but if you have input --

DNS
Site Admin

Re: avoiding beurocracy

Post by DNS » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Why not just go to the training? You don't want to lose your job over something like that. You could always attend even if there is nothing to gain from it, other than not losing your job; which I'm sure is pretty important.

fwiw

Post by fwiw » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:37 am

In the US you could lose your job over something like this?

No wonder why my friend from NJ prefers living and working illegally in Spain than continue working in NYC
... in my opinion (<- meaning unless one is talking about something one has been a direct witness of, every single thing anyone ever says is no more than an opinion. Also, don't ask me to do your research for you)

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:38 pm

fwiw wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:37 am
In the US you could lose your job over something like this?
Not every company, but for some, yes. Altar did say he was looking for a reason to give and then in that case, probably not.

At many companies simply not showing up without a reason is known as "no-call, no-show, no job."

Personally, I think it's better to look at the overall record of the employee, if they normally do their job well, just had some personal issue on one day or so, then no big deal; employment shouldn't be terminated.

fwiw

Post by fwiw » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:05 pm

DNS wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:38 pm
At many companies simply not showing up without a reason is known as "no-call, no-show, no job."
That is terribly harsh
... in my opinion (<- meaning unless one is talking about something one has been a direct witness of, every single thing anyone ever says is no more than an opinion. Also, don't ask me to do your research for you)

Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:27 pm

My state is called Work at Will, which basically means they can fire you for anything at any time unless you are union or have a contract.

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏

DeadCircuits

Post by DeadCircuits » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Altar wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:31 pm
as a kid people used the excuse "i am sick" when skipping school.
i always wanted to skip but i was afraid of lying. however i acknowledge that if skipping school is good than it doesnt matter what reason i give.
today i have a job training that i am planning on skipping. i think it is a form of brain washing because i work at a small local supermarket and don't think 4 hours of telling you how to deal with people is actually a good way to learn how to deal with people. however i will need to give a reason. i'm sort of accustomed to leaving such things up in the air at this point and just making something up when im asked about it.
so theres probably not much anyone here can do but if you have input --
I have to do a lot of seemingly pointless training at my job, so I feel you.

I assume you will get paid for the training?

If you want my advice, I'd just go, maybe even try to maintain mindfulness, or chant to yourself, or something while you are there. Put it this way, people get paid regularly to do far worse things than go to training that they aren't particularly interested in.

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:57 am

Lots of jobs require training of one kind or another. I think you should definately attend, because if that's their policy which goes with the job, then it won't be to your advantage to skip it and pretend to be ill or whatever.

If you apply for a different job at any time it will also be useful to be able to say that you did some training for the previous one.