Is Trump deep inside... a humanist?

Taking time out to connect with others
fwiw

Re: Is Trump deep inside... a humanist?

Post by fwiw » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:07 am

Here is a view of Mr Trump grounded in facts and observation of what he is doing. To be honest, it's not just Mr Trump. All over American media, I have often noticed that American journalists and hence many Americans often seem to care only about American lives and disregard any other lives, especially if they are colored and muslim

Screenshot_2019-10-18-05-02-12-1.png
Screenshot_2019-10-18-05-02-12-1.png (585.21 KiB) Viewed 535 times
... in my opinion

SethRich

Post by SethRich » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:12 am

Greetings,

Trump has explained America First on many occasions, rendering that comment dumb. He has also expressed his concern for "non-American" lives but they are not his personal responsibility, as he is not really the God-Emperor of the World. ;)

I echo DNS's point above about rampant fault-finding. To wit, if Trump pulls U.S. troops (and thus the U.S.) out of a conflict between two parties who are not the U.S., the U.S. cannot be blamed for the subsequent actions of those two countries. Anyone who would do so needs to take a serious look at how karma operates within the Dharma and learn that it does not function via some weird, perverse "guilt by conceptual proliferation" osmosis.

:candle:
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."

Kim O'Hara

Post by Kim O'Hara » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:32 am

Not a humanist. Barely human, in fact.
Washington: US President Donald Trump has awarded the 2020 G-7 Summit of world leaders to his own private company, scheduling the summit for June at his Trump Doral golf resort outside Miami, the White House has announced.

That decision is without precedent in modern American history: The President used his public office to direct a massive contract to himself. The G-7 Summit draws hundreds of diplomats, journalists and security personnel, as well as a worldwide spotlight. ...
:reading: https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 531to.html

:toilet:
Kim

justsit

Post by justsit » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:51 pm

fwiw wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:07 am
Here is a view of Mr Trump grounded in facts and observation of what he is doing. To be honest, it's not just Mr Trump. All over American media, I have often noticed that American journalists and hence many Americans often seem to care only about American lives and disregard any other lives, especially if they are colored and muslim

Screenshot_2019-10-18-05-02-12-1.png
There are plenty of people in America who care about all lives - we just get little or no press, and scant financial backing.

Re: screenshot. Trump has no moral considerations. He is a total narcissist. If it doesn't affect him, he doesn't care. Ditto the family.

justsit

Post by justsit » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:16 pm

Fascinating - in a horrifying way - story of Trump's background in the world of NYC politics https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06 ... lationship. His mentor was the notorious Roy Cohn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Cohn, Joe McCarthy's chief counsel who was later disbarred and died of AIDS. As Cohn's health declined, Trump gave him "...a thank-you gift for a decade of favors: a pair of diamond cuff links. The diamonds turned out to be fakes."

Humanist? I think not.

fwiw

Post by fwiw » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:01 pm

SethRich wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:12 am
Trump has explained America First on many occasions, rendering that comment dumb.
In addition to immigration enforcement spending, defense spending is vital. And, quite frankly, has been neglected by previous administrations. Our military is at its smallest since before World War II, a fact that needs to change. Each year that passes, our enemies become more advanced, as should we. We need to be ready and prepared to take on any threats, both here and abroad.

(JuanPablo Andrade is an advisor on President Trump's Hispanic Advisory Council and National Diversity Coalition and a spokesman for America First Policies, a pro-Trump nonprofit organization.)
https://web.archive.org/web/20180313153 ... rica-first
America First means giving more money to the military... instead of helping people who are in need, and there are dozens of millions in the USA. Poverty in USA is not often talked about in the media or by politicians, and mentioned only rarely by Mr Trump, but very much present in the country.

He has also expressed his concern for "non-American" lives but they are not his personal responsibility, as he is not really the God-Emperor of the World. ;)
Contrast with my earlier post in this thread:

I echo DNS's point above about rampant fault-finding.
I also agree

To wit, if Trump pulls U.S. troops (and thus the U.S.) out of a conflict between two parties who are not the U.S., the U.S. cannot be blamed for the subsequent actions of those two countries. Anyone who would do so needs to take a serious look at how karma operates within the Dharma and learn that it does not function via some weird, perverse "guilt by conceptual proliferation" osmosis.
Good thing you're not the president, then

justsit wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:51 pm
There are plenty of people in America who care about all lives - we just get little or no press, and scant financial backing.
I don't doubt it. I follow some of them on youtube.
... in my opinion

Kim O'Hara

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:04 am

Kim O'Hara wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:32 am
Not a humanist. Barely human, in fact.
Washington: US President Donald Trump has awarded the 2020 G-7 Summit of world leaders to his own private company, scheduling the summit for June at his Trump Doral golf resort outside Miami, the White House has announced.

That decision is without precedent in modern American history: The President used his public office to direct a massive contract to himself. The G-7 Summit draws hundreds of diplomats, journalists and security personnel, as well as a worldwide spotlight. ...
:reading: https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 531to.html

:toilet:
Kim
It seems that he might, after all, be capable of some limited kinds of learning ...
Donald Trump reverses plan to host G7 at his Doral golf resort, blaming 'crazed and irrational' backlash

Key points:

Mr Trump had been the first administration official to publicly float the selection of his own property to host the summit
Before the move was confirmed, good governance groups and Democrats had said it raised concerns the President was using the White House to boost his personal finances
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden had condemned Doral's selection ...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-20/ ... d/11621206

Still :rolleye: of course.

:coffee:
Kim

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 am

war-mongers etc.
Thank you for posting the video.
I don't know much about politics nowadays as I do not listen to the news. (unless I pick up bit and peace from here and there)
However even before I saw this video I said to one of my friends "He has not started a new war in his term as yet. That is something new of the American prsidents"
If I am allowed I will vote Mr. Trump only for that speech. No bull ---- streight to reality.

Having said that I do not believe that the American president is elected by American people, even though someone somehow makes us to believe so.

fwiw

Post by fwiw » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi SarathW,
SarathW wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 am
However even before I saw this video I said to one of my friends "He has not started a new war in his term as yet. That is something new of the American prsidents"
This is a jaw droppingly low bar to endorse anyone. I wonder how you reconcile this positivity towards Mr Trump with the following facts

Donald Trump on terrorists: 'Take out their families'
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2015/12/02/po ... index.html

Afghan and U.S. Forces Blamed for Killing More Civilians This Year Than Taliban Have
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/worl ... lties.html

Civilian Deaths in U.S. Wars Are Skyrocketing Under Trump.
https://theintercept.com/2019/10/02/tru ... lties-war/

Since his emergence as a political figure, Trump has promised that if he ever attained power, he would use the U.S. military to inflict a massive bloodletting on others, including noncombatants. Unlike other campaign promises, Trump has delivered on this one. Since taking office, he has presided over skyrocketing rates of civilian casualties in America’s many foreign conflicts. Beneath the hue and cry of the impeachment announcement, more people are dying in wars that are being waged as Trump promised, with more brutality than ever.
This September, in Afghanistan’s Helmand province, a wedding party was turned into a massacre after a commando raid by Afghan forces operating with U.S. support. Over 40 people were killed. Just days earlier, a drone strike in Nangarhar province blew up a gathering of pine nut farmers resting after their day’s harvest.
according to United Nations figures, the U.S. and its local allies have actually killed more civilians in Afghanistan this year than the Taliban. After Trump abruptly ended recent peace talks aimed at ending that war, it may continue to rage for years to come — even escalating in brutality as high-ranking officials in the administration gruesomely brag about the body counts they are racking up.
... in my opinion

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:24 am

Agree.
What people talk about and what they deliver are two different things.