Hey

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel (Engaged Buddhism)
Jason

Hey

Post by Jason » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:51 pm

Hey everyone.

My name is Jason. I'm a Buddhist currently in the PNW of the US with an interest in contemplative Christianity and left-leaning politics. I used to spend a lot of time on Buddhist forums like this, and some of you may already know me. I learned a lot from my previous time talking, arguing, debating, and listening on forums like E-Sangha, FreeSangha, DhammaWheel, NewBuddhist, etc., but have spent a lot less time participating in online communities after some family deaths, moves, and a bunch of other life changes.

In that time, I've also become more ecumenical and politically engaged. But Buddhism is still important to me, and I find that this forum seems to embody a subject that is very important to me—the intersection of Buddhism and social engagement. I know that if I stick around and contribute more, many will disagree with my politics, spirituality, and general approach to life and vice versa, but I have found that I've learned and grown far more from those interactions than anything else. And while I'm only human and make lots of mistakes, I promise that I will do my best to respect everyone here and agree or disagree as skillfully as possible.

Also, I want to preemptively apologize to anyone I've had heated and contentious conversations with here in the past or even recently on other forums. I know some people I've encountered have grudges against me on related forums, and all I can say is that I'm sorry and I hope that you forgive me for anything unskillful I said or did. Sometimes I think I'm smarter than I am and I let my desire to be right overrule my judgment and humility and my passion overrule my empathy and skillfulness. Just know that it come from a place of wanting to make the world a better place.

SethRich

Re: Hey

Post by SethRich » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:19 am

Greetings Jason,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel Engaged.

:buddha1:

I'm sure your well considered, thoughtful contributions to this forum will be a blessing.

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:31 am

I definitely wouldn't go so far as to say they'll be a blessing, but thanks for the welcome.

SethRich

Post by SethRich » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:34 am

Greetings,
Jason wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:31 am
I definitely wouldn't go so far as to say they'll be a blessing, but thanks for the welcome.
Oh, believe me... even the mere attempt to open-mindedly make a coherent and cohesive argument would be a blessing!

:namaste:

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:45 am

lol Well I hope not to let you down.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:54 am

Welcome to DWE!