Bhante Samahita

The latest news and updates about the Dharma Wheel (Engaged Buddhism) forum.
pannavati2

Bhante Samahita

Post by pannavati2 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Bhante passed on October 12,2019 according to his brother. His funeral is today in Denmark. I have no additional information. I sent a condolence to his family and shared with him how much the Buddhist community appreciated his practice, cultivation and sharing of the Dhamma the past decade.I'm sorry I could not afford to fly to Denmark to at least represent the community he gave his life to. Conditions just didn't permit. He experienced some difficulties the past two years. Heartwood invited him to be with us for healing, sharing and encouragement and he was mightily encouraged to be with the Sangha those two retreats. We were making plans for his return and he was to be with us for an extended period of residency in 2020. I could not contact him and got this news two days ago. Although he had over 100,000 subscribers to his channels, only a handful of people attended his retreats. Although we had differing interpretations, sometimes, I always respected his journey and scholarship. He was a true jewel and will be sorely missed. I don't visit this site often. In searching for news about him, it popped up. I you would like any update, you can inquire at pannavati@heartwoodrefuge for the next couple of weeks and if I have any information, I will share with you.

DNS
Site Admin

Re: Bhante Samahita

Post by DNS » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:57 pm

See also this thread over at DWT:
https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=35556

:candle: :candle: :candle: