moderation

The latest news and updates about the Dharma Wheel (Engaged Buddhism) forum.
DNS
Site Admin

moderation

Post by DNS »

I have been deliberately hands-off, very liberal in moderation with the forum, to keep the forum from completely dying off. However, it appears some moderation is now necessary. :D

Some posts have been removed from view.

Play nice and avoid the ad-homs; play the ball, not the man.

:popcorn:
DNS
Site Admin

Re: moderation

Post by DNS »

I had to remove several more posts. Many were off topic, ad hominems, or just plain gibberish. Please remain on topic and avoid personal attacks and gibberish.
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

Seems like you're doing a lot of cover up work for Pauls excesses, if you are going to be fair, moderation has to apply to everyone equally!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk.

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
SethRich

Post by SethRich »

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 am Seems like you're doing a lot of cover up work for Pauls excesses, if you are going to be fair, moderation has to apply to everyone equally!!
If you feel my posts violate the Terms Of Service, I would encourage you to report them to David, pointing out the TOS component that has been violated by my speech.

Added bonus - familiarization with the Terms of Service would probably help reduce the instances of your inane ad-hominem blathering. After all, if TOS 2d & 2f were being strictly and proactively enforced, your total post count at this forum would be about 3.

Kind regards.

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

lyndon taylor wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 am Seems like you're doing a lot of cover up work for Pauls excesses, if you are going to be fair, moderation has to apply to everyone equally!!
It does apply to everyone equally and I have removed some of his posts too. And even some of mine.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

DNS wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:59 pm
It does apply to everyone equally and I have removed some of his posts too. And even some of mine.
:o
I never thought moderators require moderation.
:tongue:
SethRich

Post by SethRich »

Greetings,
SarathW wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:08 am I never thought moderators require moderation.
:tongue:
From experience, it's usually when the moderator has replied to a post that has since been removed, and the post no longer makes sense in the context of the topic.

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."
Ayu

Post by Ayu »

Since moderators are human beings and no roboters, moderating moderators is a normal affair.
In best case, a moderator moderates himself /herself.
But even moderators can be deluded about their own deeds. It's good, if they know that. :thumb: