This forum could become stagnant...

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Dorje Shedrub

Re: This forum could become stagnant...

Post by Dorje Shedrub » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 pm

Admin at DWT sometimes refers people here in topics that would be more suited here. Also, DWM still has a politics/lounge/engaged Buddhism section so they might be less inclined to come here. I think it will just take time.

DS
"As far as social economic theory is concerned, I am Marxist. " ~ HHDL

Ayu

Post by Ayu » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Dorje Shedrub wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 pm
Admin at DWT sometimes refers people here in topics that would be more suited here. Also, DWM still has a politics/lounge/engaged Buddhism section so they might be less inclined to come here. I think it will just take time.

DS
For me it is an advantage to see new and different people than at DWM discussing here.

Nicholas

Re: This forum is stagnant...

Post by Nicholas » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 pm

Dorje Shedrub wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 pm

DS
Been nearly a year, so enough time has passed for this site to perk up - it has not.

DW Mahayana/Vajrayana has an Engaged section and that is enough to satisfy any posters.

DNS could, and I hope does, pull the plug on DWE.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Nicholas wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 pm
Been nearly a year, so enough time has passed for this site to perk up - it has not.

DW Mahayana/Vajrayana has an Engaged section and that is enough to satisfy any posters.

Why? No one is forced to log in or post, but if anyone wants to, this site is still here, same with DP, which has just as low of an activity level.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:16 pm

DNS wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 pm
Nicholas wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 pm

Why? No one is forced to log in or post, but if anyone wants to, this site is still here, same with DP, which has just as low of an activity level.
Occam's Razor - no need to multiply entities. But they are your sites, so you will do as you see best. :smile:

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:37 pm

The low level of activity on this site does not have to be a bad sign. Maybe the lack of major political events since this site was initiated played a role, and if this is one of the reasons, then it is a blessing, or as it is often described: no news is good news :tongue:

I also think that most active participants have been very balanced individuals, and you need some controversy and extreme views to keep people engaged in endless discussions.

The number of participants and posts do not necessarily tell how successful this site is. The amount of good intentions by the Admin and moderators team as well as senior members from other forums who helped establish them means a lot, at least to me.
'Too much knowledge leads to scepticism. Early devotees are the likeliest apostates, as early sinners are senile saints.' – Will Durant.