The Nutrition of Pizza

Applying the Dharma for the preservation of planet Earth and its inhabitants
Presto Kensho

The Nutrition of Pizza

Post by Presto Kensho »

https://www.pizzaplanet.com/pizza-major-food-groups/

Pizza, when made from quality ingredients, can be a healthy food to eat. People shouldn't have to pay a sin tax for ordering pizza, like we now have to pay for juice drinks and sodas, especially during a global pandemic when people are supposed to remain indoors.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: The Nutrition of Pizza

Post by DNS »

It can be very fattening though. One slice is anywhere from 300 to 600 calories depending on the size of the slice and toppings. And who eats one slice? Most people eat several slices or even the whole pizza.

Is there a sin tax on pizza? Which jurisdictions?
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Generally, I make Pizza at home and never by from the shop.
I spread tomato sauce, fry thin slice pumpkin, capsicum, (mushroom) and sprinkle some herbs and salt on it.
No meat or cheese.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

SarathW wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:12 am Generally, I make Pizza at home and never by from the shop.
I spread tomato sauce, fry thin slice pumpkin, capsicum, (mushroom) and sprinkle some herbs and salt on it.
No meat or cheese.
Now, that's healthy! Here in the U.S. that would probably be called vegan focaccia, something like this recipe:
https://biancazapatka.com/en/vegan-focaccia-bread/
Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho »

DNS wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:51 pm It can be very fattening though. One slice is anywhere from 300 to 600 calories depending on the size of the slice and toppings. And who eats one slice? Most people eat several slices or even the whole pizza.

Is there a sin tax on pizza? Which jurisdictions?
I don't know of anywhere that enforces a sin tax on pizza, but we do have a sin tax on juice drinks and soda.

Juice cocktails, made from real fruit juice, often have less sugar and the same amount of vitamins as 100 percent juice. It's a regressive tax that doesn't make complete sense.