CCP Virus is correct name

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events, politics and economics.
Miorita

Re: CCP Virus is correct name

Post by Miorita » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:22 pm

And I am a coward who wants to live another day.
Have a good day!
:anjali:
Miorita
Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha - they say she helps remove obstacles
Relax! Do your best!

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:48 am

Going back to the cause, the wet markets, it can be seen with the naked eye that nothing has changed.
I haven't heard anything regarding new regulations on wet markets. That hasn't been a goal of the authorities but rather the image abroad after the outbreak.
It's similar to the commercials a company runs after it has been sued, or it got into trouble with its customers. The company's ads make it look terrific, great, but that's not how it started.
Back to the virus: since Covid-19 is a new virus, why not be ready with new measures that show you are in control of the cause that gave the effect?
It's like "Hey, we're here, some died, some lived, let's hug again!".
I can't do that.
I can't do it even though I know that you and I are not separate.
The little bitty difference is that I know we're not separate, while you do not know that we're not separate.
CCP virus remains.

See a terrible aspect of manifestation, wet markets: https://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cult ... et-markets
It's like a crime on top of another crime. I don't have a wet market at home, I keep a clean room. Or at least relatively clean.
Relax! Do your best!

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:43 am

CGTN is "under the control of the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China."

Communist Parties in every single nation they exist in - lie, deceive and seek controlling powers. Their news is untrustworthy.
May all seek, find and follow the Path of Tathāgatas.

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:01 am

Nicholas wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:43 am
CGTN is "under the control of the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China."

Communist Parties in every single nation they exist in - lie, deceive and seek controlling powers. Their news is untrustworthy.
What about CGTN's on the ground reporting of healthcare workers in Wuhan is misleading or untrustworthy? Their stories deserve to be told.

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:07 am

In case this has been lost on anyone, the same study quoted by Western media outlets to criticize China's response to the Coronavirus also acknowledged the difference China's efforts made:
But China-bashing columnists often ignore the study’s broader point: Without China’s subsequent interventions, infected cases “would likely have shown a 67-fold increase”.
https://www.todayonline.com/commentary/ ... ump-racism

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am

Presto Kensho wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:07 am
In case this has been lost on anyone, the same study quoted by Western media outlets to criticize China's response to the Coronavirus also acknowledged the difference China's efforts made:
But China-bashing columnists often ignore the study’s broader point: Without China’s subsequent interventions, infected cases “would likely have shown a 67-fold increase”.
What are you doing here? CCP propaganda?
Relax! Do your best!

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Miorita wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am
Presto Kensho wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:07 am
What are you doing here? CCP propaganda?
The study was funded by Western organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Is Bill Gates a shill for communist propaganda?

Again, the same study quoted by Western media outlets to blame China for the Coronavirus also acknowledged the difference China's made to mitigate the threat.

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Just like FDR and Stalin during World War 2, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. During this present crisis, the United States and China need to work together against the common enemy of Coronavirus.

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Take droplet precautions. It is not airborne. It means that a droplet travels a certain distance from a sneeze, let's say, and then it falls.
Relax! Do your best!

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:50 pm

And regarding CGTN, I fail to see how it's more of a propaganda outlet than PBS, a state-funded news source or our corporate-funded mainstream media.

I have watched a lot of news in my life and studied journalism in college, and the quality of CGTN'S coverage is above average, especially when it comes to international stories.

American news outlets, whether from the right or left, are just all Trump all the time, even when there are so many other things in the world to report about.

I also watch RT and Al Jazeera, due to their quality of coverage, in addition to American news sources.
Last edited by Presto Kensho on Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:55 pm

To answer your question, I don't care of Bill Gates' way of thinking. He was ordered to split Microsoft in 2. I was here then. And he didn't.
Windows is like a black box to programmers. And by the way, these black boxes keep appearing on the screen.
It might explain why some cases cannot be traced. Then they say that these cases are community based.
Relax! Do your best!

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Presto Kensho wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:50 pm
And regarding CGTN, I fail to see how it's more of a propaganda outlet than PBS, a state-funded news source or our corporate-funded mainstream media.

I have watched a lot of news in my life and studied journalism in college, and the quality of CGTN'S coverage is above average, especially when it comes to international stories.
I am done arguing. You want to impose your opinion on me. It is an abuse because you insist. I am out of the discussion.
Relax! Do your best!

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Miorita wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:55 pm
To answer your question, I don't care of Bill Gates' way of thinking. He was ordered to split Microsoft in 2. I was here then. And he didn't.
Windows is like a black box to programmers. And by the way, these black boxes keep appearing on the screen.
It might explain why some cases cannot be traced. Then they say that these cases are community based.
Is Nature an outlet of Chinese propaganda?
Tatem and Lai’s model assesses the combined effect of China’s early detection and isolation, the resulting drop in contact between people and the country’s intercity travel bans on reducing the virus’s spread. Together, these measures prevented cases from increasing by 67-fold — otherwise, there would have been nearly 8 million cases by the end of February.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00741-x

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:05 pm

Miorita wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:56 pm
Presto Kensho wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:50 pm

I am done arguing. You want to impose your opinion on me. It is an abuse because you insist. I am out of the discussion.
The only point I've had to make is that whether we like China or not, we need to work together to combat the Coronavirus. It seems like Trump is moving in that direction.

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 pm

Please also keep in mind that China recently expelled American media outlets from the country in response to how Chinese media outlets had already been treated in the United States. As usual, there's often two sides of the same story, even when we don't like the other side.

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:40 pm

China up and China down. I’m with those who think Google was a stolen project.
That should be an alternative to what the journalist persuades that all should do.
I haven’t done sweeping definitive motions that I encounter this much want of manipulation.
Miorita
Relax! Do your best!

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:22 pm

Covid-19 stands for coronavirus disease of 2019, name given by WHO and the microorganism causing it is SARS-Cov-2.
Unless one gets their facts straight, we’re talking words.
I see nowhere that CCP had any expertise in handling the outbreak. It is rather that they suppressed the truth which is contrary to being honest and telling the truth.

“Is Nature an outlet of Chinese propaganda?”
I never acted as if I knew everything. What is “Nature”?
Relax! Do your best!

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Miorita wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:22 pm
I see nowhere that CCP had any expertise in handling the outbreak.
Presto Kensho wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:02 pm
Tatem and Lai’s model assesses the combined effect of China’s early detection and isolation, the resulting drop in contact between people and the country’s intercity travel bans on reducing the virus’s spread. Together, these measures prevented cases from increasing by 67-fold — otherwise, there would have been nearly 8 million cases by the end of February.
Recent developments between President Trump and Xi Jinping are promising, so hopefully we can work together and get past the finger-pointing and name-calling. Namu-Amida-Butsu.

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:09 pm

The president can say whatever he wants.
It is my right to have my reserves.
Relax! Do your best!

Miorita

Post by Miorita » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 pm

Presto Kensho wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 pm
Miorita wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:22 pm
I see nowhere that CCP had any expertise in handling the outbreak.
Presto Kensho wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:02 pm
Recent developments between President Trump and Xi Jinping are promising, so hopefully we can work together and get past the finger-pointing and name-calling. Namu-Amida-Butsu.
If the name of “wet market” offends you, change it!
“Finger pointing” - A, yes... of course! Didn’t you know God is not sleeping?
Relax! Do your best!